Creating Low waste art
by Krista Louise
LOW WASTE PAINTINGS
I create artwork by only incorporating used or secondhand materials.
You will find examples of my outdoor photography such as this in my blog.
Including vintage ephemera, such as photos and letters helps give artwork an ethereal quality and gives new meaning to old items.
LOW IMPACT TIPS
- Bring reusable containers when possible
*Before Covid, it was more accepted and appreciated than most realize
- Avoid single-use plastic
- Use what you have
- Buy secondhand or borrow from friends
- Make sure you need it before you buy it
- Use what you have, wait to throw things away. Items such as glass condiment jars are super useful on a regular basis. Think outside of your box.
- Ask neighbors and friends when you’re looking for something
- Garage sales or thrift stores
- Online using Olio, Craiglist and Freecycle
- Dumpster diving can be fun too
The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.Robert Swan
My name is Krista Louise and I love eliminating waste, so I use it in my art. I also talk about sustainablity on my blog, so check that out when you have time.